Many of the Top 10 most-read management tips this year focused on getting back to the idea of serving your customers better, whether that's simply not giving them a reason to leave or understanding how they want to do business in the new online market.
Refocusing on core business principles, such as inventory or pricing, was also important in 2014.
Here are the most popular tips of 2014 (click to read):
- Don't Give Customers a Reason to Leave
- Think Long-Term with Vending Customers
- Understand What Customers Need to 'Pull the Trigger' Online
- Be Strategic About Selling, Not Tactical
- Use Models, Not People, to Develop Pricing
- Consider Cost-to-Serve in Sales Compensation Plans
- Consider the Legal Risks Associated with Private Label
- For E-Commerce, Focus on Existing Customers First
- Pick the Right Platform for an Online Catalog
- To Keep Customer Service High, Have a Methodical Inventory Plan
Read the full archives of Management Tips here.