In 2012, distributors experienced strong growth, but that growth did not necessarily translate into strong profits. This article, provided by long-time industry expert Al Bates, provides insight into this trend and provides recommendations to improve profitabiltiy.
This analysis looks at historical data from the past five years and particular trends in 2012, the last year for which full data is available.
This article includes:
- Trends from across 30 lines of trade in wholesale distribution
- The best overall measure of distributor profitability
- The single most important issue distributors should address in 2014
Subscribers should log-in below to read this article.
Not a subscriber? Subscribe below or learn more. Subscribers also have access to the following related articles:
- 10 Distribution Trends to Watch in 2014
- Bridging the Value Gap
- The 'New' Distribution Company