When we sent out the call for nominations for MDM’s Digital Innovator Award, I thought we might get some particularly impressive responses. After all, the industry had little choice last year but to double down on digital initiatives as COVID-19 sent many away from the physical workplace. And boy, did you all deliver.
What a pleasure to read through the dozens of nominations that came in; each highlighting unique ways you rose to meet the challenges of 2020. Whether it was through the culmination of years of planned upgrades or a quick pivot when the world shut down last March, these nominations are further evidence of distributors’ ability to innovate and transform for the better — particularly when they have a digital evangelist on board.
An impressive group
You will have to wait for MDM’s Digital Distributor Summit — happening virtually on Tuesday, June 29 — for the full reveal. But meanwhile, here is a taste of what this year’s class of Digital Innovator Award winners have accomplished:
- Created a digital resource center to service end-to-end customer needs
- Redesigned the company website with B2C influences that create a more customer-friendly interface
- Grew the company’s digital footprint across more than a dozen languages
- Initiated a mobile-first web design with upgraded omnichannel capabilities
- Built a request-a-quote e-commerce system
- Operationalized digital data and analytics for easy use by the company’s sales team
- Introduced digital widgets focused on KPI tracking, customer interactions, web-based activity and branch/rep performance
- Implemented data governance, reporting and automation upgrades
- Developed a custom app
And, my personal favorite: Launched a TikTok channel!
Join us for the Digital Distributor Summit on Tuesday, June 29, at 10 a.m. EDT. We’ll kick off the conference with a reveal of the winners. Then, stay for a full day of digital education from our experienced lineup of industry-leading e-commerce experts. If you can’t make it on the 29th, the content will also be available on-demand for 90 days. Implement even one of the market-accelerating ideas you will hear during the Digital Distributor Summit and I wouldn’t be surprised if you find yourself submitting a nomination for our 2022 Digital Innovator Awards.