With advances in tools and technologies to help mine larger and larger available datasets, algorithms are increasingly used across many business functions. However, if not managed appropriately, too much of a good thing can backfire. This was the message of a recent Wall Street Journal report by Deloitte, On the Boards Agenda: Board Oversight of Algorithmic Risk. This article, the first of a two-part series by Lee Nyari, examines the dangers that Deloitte outlines in its report and offers distributors some solutions for reducing algorithmic risk in price management.
This article includes:
- Pricing as a useful and powerful business lever in distribution
- Why pricing algorithms may be insufficiently market-informed
- Updating approaches for developing pricing algorithms
Subscribers should log in below to read this article.
Not a subscriber? Subscribe below or learn more. Subscribers also have access to the following related articles:
- MDM-Baird Distribution Survey: Storms Stunt Distributor Growth
- Distributors Up Search Marketing Efforts
- Amazon Business: The Burning E-Platform