While the margin and branding benefits of selling private label products may be attractive to distributors, such a move can create tension in the channel. This article examines the potential challenges and how distributors and manufacturers may be able to mitigate them.
This is the third in a series of articles from MDM on private label in the wholesale distribution industry.
This article includes:
- Drivers of conflict between manufacturers and distributors
- How distributors balance private label and national brands
- Why some manufacturers offer contract manufacturing for private label and others avoid it
Subscribers should log-in below to read this article.
Not a subscriber? Subscribe below or learn more.
Subscribers also have access to the following related articles:
- The Drivers of Private Label in Distribution
- Strategies for Private Label Success
- Special Report: The Industrial Vending Boom